Malay oh Malay...

6:18 PTG 1 Komen

I admired Tun Mahathir.. And he said he's proud to be Malay despite of having so called Pan-Asia blood in his vein....


“I admit that some Indian, or more accurately South Asian, blood flows in my veins, but from which part of the Indian subcontinent my ancestors came I do not know,” he wrote in the book titled “A Doctor in the House: The Memoirs of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad”.

“I am a Malay and am proud of it. I am a Malay not just on paper. I am also a Malay in sentiment and in spirit,” the former prime minister said in the 809-page tome which finally came out nearly eight years after his retirement.

“Some claim that my father was Malayalee and was fluent in both Tamil and Malayalam. Some have even written that he was a Hindu who converted to Islam to marry my mother. Others say they have seen documents clearly stating my ethnicity,” he wrote in the book.

“Nearly every Malay in Malaysia has some non-Malay blood. But that fact doesn’t make them any less Malay,” he said.


I thought i read somewhere about characteristic of being a Malay..ermmm..Lets me recalled my memories..Yup ..it is stated there @ Millenium Monument.. Please visit it if you want to know more about being a Malay..

Unknown

I am a cheerful exclusive-pumping mother to M. Fawwaz Adham and also an independent Shaklee Distributor who love to guide and assist others toward a healthier and happier life... Google

1 ulasan:

red blossom berkata...

i pun mixed gak...x & Y....